Higher Level Poker

CommunityForumsMicro-Stakes StrategyShortly before
Shortly before Welcome guest. Please login or register.
Shortly before
hong wei (hongwei)
Free Member · Join Date: 29 Jun, 2018 · Posts 149
10 Sep, 2018 · #1
Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman David Irving was suspended for four games Friday for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy Jamie Collins Jersey , the second straight year the pass rusher is facing a ban to start the season.

The punishment announced by the league will not keep Irving from participating in training camp starting next month in California. The 24-year-old Irving’s four-game suspension to start last season was for violating league policy on performance enhancers.

Irving was away from the Cowboys most of the offseason tending to personal issues before showing up for the mandatory three-day minicamp that ended Thursday. He declined to go into details but did mention that he was solely responsible for the care of his 5-year-old daughter.

His former girlfriend, the daughter’s mother, accused Irving of domestic abuse before recanting in April. Police in the Dallas suburb of Frisco didn’t file charges, but the NFL is investigating.

”I don’t have time to be messing around and getting in trouble like I have been Cornelius Lucas Jersey ,” Irving said the day before the suspension was announced. ”I have to make a lot of changes. My whole life basically changed this offseason, quickly all at once in a lot of different aspects. I just got to change. And I have been.”

After last season’s suspension, Irving had seven sacks in eight games before sustaining a concussion that kept him out the remaining four games. He has 11 sacks in 35 games over three seasons for Dallas. The first game he is eligible is Oct. 7 at Houston.

The latest suspension comes as defensive end Randy Gregory awaits word on his bid for reinstatement. Gregory was suspended all of last season over multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy. He met with Commissioner Roger Goodell in New York this week.

Between Irving, Gregory Royce Freeman Jersey , DeMarcus Lawrence and former Dallas defensive end Greg Hardy, the Cowboys are set to start the season with at least one suspended defensive lineman for the fourth straight season.

Irving signed a second-round tender worth $2.9 million as a restricted free agent and is set to be an unrestricted free agent after the season. The Cowboys signed him off Kansas City’s practice squad in 2015.

ATLANTA FALCONS (11-7)

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: DE Adrian Clayborn; FB Derrick Coleman; WRs Taylor Gabriel, Andre Roberts and Nick Williams; LBs Jordan Tripp, Sean Weatherspoon and Kemal Ishmael; DTs Dontari Poe Josh Sitton Jersey , Courtney Upshaw and Ahtyba Rubin; CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: FS Ricardo Allen; RBs Terron Ward and Terrence Magee; G Ben Garland.

NEEDS: Tight end is priority following release of Levine Toilolo. Veteran could be signed to challenge Austin Hooper. Team cut Derrick Shelby and could lose Clayborn, so more pass rush help at defensive end may be needed. If team loses Poe and Upshaw in free agency, another veteran defensive tackle may be signed. Guard is another priority that may be addressed high in draft or in free agency. General manager Thomas Dimitroff said at NFL scouting combine that Gabriel would not be re-signed. Kicker Matt Bryant avoided free agency by agreeing to three-year deal.

AVAILABLE SALARY CAP SPACE (approximately): $9 million

Womens Jordan Akins Jersey

Join in the discussion!

It's completely free to join these forums! Please login, register or contact us if you have any questions.

Learn how to play poker with us!

We love poker. We live poker. In our forums you will find people from all abilities - including novices, experts and professionals. We believe the best way to learn poker is by jointly collaborating with each other - where we can all provide each other feedback on our play in a controlled environment.

And thats why we highly moderate our forums - so you can be sure the content posted here is top notch quality feedback.

Latest Strategy Articles

Latest Discussions